Friday, February 22, 2008

Gettin' It Out of My System

A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes.
~ Gene Hill

I've always told folks that there is a reason that my degree is in Animal Science...I just don't understand people at all. There are times when I beat my tired head against the wall because of some of the folks I have to deal with during my all-too-intensive participation in the dog fancy. How fun is it for anyone to have people ask one for their assistance and guidance based on experience and then poo-poo, ignore, and/or fuss about the advice given with the best of intentions. It's about as fun as a yearly visit to the physician; or having teeth pulled; surgery? It's such a wonderful thing to be treated flippantly by the instant experts one tends to run into constantly, be it at work or in one's hobby. You can almost see and/or understand how postal workers go postal. Yes...I've had it up to the gills and have felt the need to somehow vent publicly.

I am so lucky that I do have dog people that are a source of joy for me, be it folks that I have learned from, or people who have joined our extended family by bringing one of our pups into their lives, or folks that I've met along the way. Thank goodness for them to make up for the other, less pleasant experiences along the way.

No animal I know of can consistently be more of a friend and companion than a dog.
~ Stanley Leinwoll

So the heedless ingrates can just get stuffed . Now that I've vented, I will go and have another play in the online shooter game I found - and when I get home, I am going to play and interact with those that truly appreciate what I can do for them...my dogs (and perhaps a cat).

No comments: