Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Where's Mine??

Ya know, the more I think about it, the madder I get! Where's my great big debt-erasing handout from the federal government?? The less-than-great decisions I've made in life are nothing compared to the fat cat moneygrubbers that are asking for a bailout from Uncle Sam!

I keep chipping away at my credit card bills (not to mention the gas cards) and paying my debts. I give up a LOT of other extras so that I can participate in the dog hobby that has become the main portion of my life, day in and day out. I have cut out attendance at several show clusters or performance events that I normally attended thanks to the high price of travel and trying to stay afloat. We are in dire need of a new automobile but cannot even begin to budget for it right now - a '93 gas-sucking Suburban that's about to kill off its second transmission and whose brakes are grinding badly; the 2000 Astro with 193K miles on it that couldn't pass inspection last week and is now in the shop likely needing a catalytic converter, among other things; the mother-in-law's "not-so-Grand Am" with a leak in the intake manifold and is now completely dead; and then the Sprinter that runs on the ever-more expensive diesel fuel and doesn't really fit in either of our job's parking lots.

So handing out big money to HUGE corporate businesses that made bad business decisions (while maintaining golden parachutes for the higher ups) kinda chaps me.

Next thing you know, Exxon will be knocking on the government handout door because they don't think they're making enough money, although it feels like financial rape every time I pull up to a gas pump.

I think the following letter from Michael Moore pretty much sums up how I'm feeling at the moment!! Here's an excerpt - the link to the full text follows:

Let me cut to the chase. The biggest robbery in the history of this country is taking place as you read this. Though no guns are being used, 300 million hostages are being taken. Make no mistake about it: After stealing a half trillion dollars to line the pockets of their war-profiteering backers for the past five years, after lining the pockets of their fellow oilmen to the tune of over a hundred billion dollars in just the last two years, Bush and his cronies -- who must soon vacate the White House -- are looting the U.S. Treasury of every dollar they can grab. They are swiping as much of the silverware as they can on their way out the door.


Link to the full article:
http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/message/index.php?id=235

No comments: