Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Oh My, Omaha

Once again I made the trek to Omaha for their BCOA Trophy Supported Entries, spending twice as much time on the road than if I had chosen to head down to the big Houston cluster that is always too hot, too crowded and too stifling. Although missing Houston means missing seeing my dad and a visit to Mike McCartney's booth to get a fun caricature of one of the crew to commemorate their year. Accompanying me on my trip were Faina, a gangly and hairless Ozzy, and ol' man Burni (who was absolutely thrilled to get to come play).

Saturday was pretty uneventful with Faina having the best day by going second in her class. On Sunday, Burni was Best Veteran in Sweepstakes, defeating a bitch I admire greatly who had a wonderful racing career and did well in conformation as well.

Best Veteran in Sweeps
Judge: Shirley McFadden, Svora

Faina again took second in the Bred-By Exhibitor Bitch class, but Burni made me smile even more this time though. He was so psyched to be in the ring again, smiling the whole way around and I was having problems keeping up with him as he was really moving out. He just got better and better. It was a fabulous feeling for him to go Best Opposite to the currently ranked (all-breed) #1 Borzoi, especially with such other nice quality males in the ring, including a recent BCOA National Specialty AOM winner and other regularly campaigned, successful dogs. Not bad for an 8 1/2 year old !

Best Opposite Sex
Judge: Prudence Hlatky, Soyara

No comments: